Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Power of Honor: My Experience at the Grave of Charles Finney

Discover what respected leaders believe the Holy Spirit is saying to the church today.
If this message is not displaying properly, click here to launch your browser.
Prophetic Insight
Sign Up | Share This Newsletter | Get Our App | Like Us Charisma News Online Mobile App
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
The Power of Honor: My Experience at the Grave of Charles Finney
By Dutch Sheets
Charles Finney God is big on honoring the memory of the righteous (Prov. 10:7; Mark 14:9; 1 Kings 11:13, 32, 34, 36; Jer. 15:1; Ezek. 14:14, 20). Like many people, I sometimes go to the graves of my parents, grandparents, soldiers, great leaders, etc., to honor their memory and reflect on their lives. I don't try to communicate with them, which obviously is forbidden in Scripture, nor do I try to receive impartations from them. I do, however, usually spend some time visiting with the Lord while there. Typically, I thank God for the person's life and the heritage He gave me through them; I usually acknowledge the price they paid for the gospel or, if appropriate, for my freedom; I remind myself that I'm a link in the chain of history and that I must continue their legacy. In the solemnity of the moment and as an honor to their faithfulness and sacrifice, I often rededicate myself to the Lord's cause.

While ministering near Oberlin, Ohio, this past Sunday, September 21, I had the privilege of visiting the grave of Charles Finney. Finney, an attorney turned evangelist, was one of the greatest revivalists who has ever lived. He was a leader in the Second Great Awakening, and is often called, The Father of Modern Revivalism. He also promoted social reforms, such as the abolition of slavery and equal education for women. Just as I have with stumps, trees, rocks, monuments, chairs, beds, pews and wooden benches in the front of churches, I used his grave as an altar. read more
Prophecy
The Truth Behind Jonathan Cahn's Best-Selling 'Shemitah'

The New York Times best-selling author of The Harbinger and The Mystery of the Shemitah explains the behind-the-scenes story of his latest prophetic book in this exclusive interview with Charisma.

2:00PM EDT 10/23/2014
advertisement
Prophecy
Jonathan Cahn
WATCH: The Mystery of the Alpha Stone

Jonathan Cahn offers an incredible teaching on the prophetic ties between beginnings and endings in the Old Testament, the New Testament and today. Watch and be filled!

Prophecy
The Shemitah's Eerie Mystery of the Sevens

The Shemitah is a fascinating phenomenon we're currently embroiled in. Discover how this prophetic occurrence has been supernaturally tied to the rise and fall of the greatest financial disasters in American history.

9:00AM EDT 10/22/2014
9:00AM EDT 10/28/2014
advertisement
MORE STORIES  
WATCH: The Mystery of the Alpha Stone The Shemitah's Eerie Mystery of the Sevens
 
Charisma  Media

You are receiving this newsletter because you are a Prophetic Insight subscriber.
© Copyright 2014 Charisma Media, All Rights Reserved  | 600 Rinehart Road, Lake Mary, FL | 407-333-0600

No comments: