Search This Blog

Saturday, January 03, 2015

This man taught me everything about growing stronger

If there's any one person in my life who has been a

huge influence on me, hands down, it's my Uncle

Elroy. 

He's more than an Uncle to me.  He is my mentor,

my teacher. 

My uncle lived with us when I was a kid.  He was a

black belt in Kung Fu. He was also a former gymnast,

bodybuilder and marathon runner.

Needless to say, growing up around a guy who did back flips

and chopped bricks with his bare hands had a huge impact

on my 5-year-old mind.

As a matter of fact, my uncle taught me how to do push-ups

when most kids were still in diapers.

By the time I was on the high school football team, my uncle
had become a personal trainer.

He taught me how to lift weights in my basement with only 1
barbell, a few weight plates and a 4′ wooden box.


At the age of 14, I was squatting over 350 pounds.

Through my uncle's guidance, mentorship and coaching, he

taught me how to be a powerful athlete. He taught me about

becoming a stronger version of myself.

We all need someone in our life who is "in our corner".  Kind of

like in the Rocky movies.

If you ever saw the first Rocky movie, Rocky's coach -- Mickey,

was always in Rocky's corner.

Pushing him to not just be a great  fighter, or athlete…

But teaching him how to be the best he can in all aspects of
his life… making Rocky Balboa the strongest version of himself.


I want to be that person in your life.

Your coach. Your mentor.

Your "Mickey".

Your "Uncle Elroy" who can bring out the true athlete you are,

and a stronger version of you.

That's it for now.

Grow Stronger,

Elliott










































5514 Haines Rd. St. Petersburg, FL 33714, USA

Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options

No comments: