Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2014

Borderland Beat

Borderland Beat

Link to Borderland Beat

Good Bye Borderland Beat!

Posted: 26 Oct 2014 06:26 PM PDT


Amigos, 

I want to give you a heads up, I will be leaving Borderland Beat at the end of November. 

(I hope not too many of you, are now doing celebratory cartwheels!)

I don't feel I can continue at the pace I have been going and still respect my responsibilities, my foundation/humanitarian work and my family life.

I will soon be closing my offices in Mexico and no longer have a permanent presence anywhere in Mexico.  I will be traveling more in different Mexican states and cherry picking projects that  moves or interests me;  in Mexico, US, and Nicaragua.   

I know you are wondering about the future of BB.  

To be honest, that is unclear at this time.  Buggs is incredibly busy with his career, and frankly he has put in more hours to the project than anyone.  It is his baby; I was just baby-sitting for a bit. 

My plan was/is too create a team of contributors that will produce, in total as a team, at least 3 posts per day. 

Ideally, 5-7 people contributing a minimum of 3-4 posts a week. 

The pay is lousy, there is no pay. And at times it can be a thankless effort.  But, for the most part, people really appreciate the effort, and it helps to stay being mindful why one volunteers for the project in the first place.

My dream is that BB will continue with a great team, and I can stay behind the scenes helping with moderation, and posting once in a blue moon.  But if we don't get help, the prognosis doesn't look so good.

If you would like to know more about helping BB, please email me at Chivis.Martinez@hushmail.com.
I will say goodbye before I leave.

Thank you readers!!!  Thank you Boss! it's been a trip and one that has enriched my life, brought me closer to my culture, and the children of Mexico.  Amazing joy, mixed with amazing heartbreak, but even knowing then,  what I now know, I would not have missed this experience for anything.
Ahi se ven ( some will get this reference)

Un abrazo muy fuerte!
Chivís

Posting comments on Borderland Beat

Posted: 26 Oct 2014 11:37 AM PDT


Readers


After a few days of frustration, we were advised, the only way to enable the text space to type in the human code, was to choose a different template.

Blogger is now requiring that all templates use the "I am not a robot" feature.  The old template did not fully support the feature.  Thus, the new template.

Sadly, much of the BB information is now gone.  Buggs does not have much time to devote to developing a new template and customizing it.  

If there are any talented web developers out there wishing to help out, send me a message or email.  

But now you will be able to post comments on a computer without a gmail account.  The robot feature is not a BB tracking tool, in fact we don't want it, but we have no choice.  It is to stop spam, and phishing comments, however the spam bucket works great for us, because we moderate all comments, but most blogs do not.

Change is not always better, or necessarily desired, but it is what it is and I hope you will get accustom to the new requirement.

Paz

Chivis 

No comments: